All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades Judy Chicago has worked tirelessly to ensure that women's artistic achievements become a permanent part of our cultural heritage. In this sumptuous, large format book, she turns her attention to the work of Frida Kahlo, one of the world's most revered female painters. In this volume Chicago, together with her collaborator, art historian Frances Borzello, has handpicked a selection of Kahlo's work, a hundred portraits that speak to the full spectrum of women's experience. The result is a fascinating conversationA between two artistic icons, one that is further enhanced by a dialogue between Chicago and Borzello, an authority on women's portraiture. The book features each work on its own spread, facing commentary by Chicago and Borzello. Essays explore Kahlo's many facets: woman, artist, historical figure, and inspiration. Designed to evoke a Mexican retablo, or altarpiece, this volume reframes Frida Kahlo for a contemporary audience.
- Author BiographyJUDY CHICAGO is an artist, author, feminist, and educator whose career spans four decades. Her best-known work, The Dinner Party, is a monumental multimedia project that has been seen by more than one million viewers. FRANCES BORZELLO is a London-based art historian who has written extensively on cultural and gender issues.
- Author(s)Frances Borzello,Judy Chicago
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note160
- Weight2558 g
- Width290 mm
- Height340 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.