All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat gives weight and density to David Blair's remarkable poems is their almost Hardyish sense of regret and loss. So many of his poems are little dramas of what wasn't said when it should have been said, or of the way celebratory instincts get undermined by the pressures of day-to-day life. I admire the quick shifts in voicing, the way a whole social world becomes revealed in some small characteristic gesture, and how alert Blair is to other people. Very few poets ever achieve this kind of fellow feeling and write about it with such tact and intelligent sympathy. (Tom Sleigh).
- Author BiographyDAVID BLAIR is the author of two previous poetry collections. He teaches at the New England Institute of Art. Another book, Arsonville, is forthcoming.
- Author(s)David Blair
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.