All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAges 5 to 7 years. The rich heritage of children's folk songs is captured in this beloved musical tale, which tells the delightful story of the courtship between two unlikely creatures. Radiant illustrations capture the whimsical narrative, which tells of a persistent frog and the mouse he loves, his proposal to her, and the fun-filled wedding and feast that follow -- until a menacing cat interrupts the celebration, and the groom finds himself kidnapped by a duck. Guidelines for downloading the accompanying complimentary song is provided, a timeless tune which has previously been recorded by such legends as Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, and Elvis Presley. With full tations and lyrics as well as a detailed history of this classic yarn, this irresistible picture book continues the legacy of preserving the best music for future generations.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Feierabend is the author of Frog in the Meadow, Ride Away on Your Horses, and Round and Round the Garden. He is a professor of music education at The University of Hartford's Hartt School of music, dance, and theater. He lives in Hartford, Connecticut. Melanie Champagne is an illustrator. She lives in Somers, Connecticut.
- Author(s)John M. Feierabend,Kimberlee Lynne
- PublisherGIA Publications
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGIA Publications
- Content Note32 colour illus
- Weight412 g
- Width260 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.