All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating look at the eleven amphibian species that call Texas' Big Bend National Park home is designed to help visitors of all ages and levels of experience understand how amphibians use the park's environment and where each species is likely to be found. In words and pictures, the authors present the distinguishing features of each species so that visitors can identify the frogs and toads they see. Natural history and conservation information alerts readers to the special habits of these little creatures as well as to the changes in habitat brought on by grazing, introduced predators, and reduced water flow. Frogs and Toads of Big Bend National Park is highly recommended for amateur naturalists, herpetologists, and especially visitors and admirers of this fascinating region and its ecosystem.
- Author BiographyGAGE H. DAYTON, who has a Ph.D. from the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences at Texas A&M University, has studied ecology and conservation of amphibians at Big Bend National Park since 1998. RAYMOND SKILES is a wildlife biologist in the Science and Resource Management Division at Big Bend National Park. LINNEA DAYTON, who resides in California, holds a master's degree in zoology from the University of Washington.
- Author(s)Gage H. Dayton,Linnea Dayton,Raymond Skiles
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2007
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleW.L. Moody Jr. Natural History Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 36
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note39 colour photos, 1 map, gloss, bib
- Weight204 g
- Width146 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.