All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionRowan and Martin's Laugh-In was one of the quirkiest and most unusual programs on television, defying definition as simply comedy, variety, or burlesque. The show had audiences laughing for six seasons and continues to make appearances in revivals, reunions, and salutes. Even with corny and w dated humor, the show's signature lines and gags are ingrained in popular American culture.This critical history of Laugh-In is arranged chrologically and includes background details on the show's creators and the events leading up-to Laugh-In's creation. In addition to an analysis of the original six seasons, the text includes information on lookalike shows that emerged after Laugh-In's success, and on the various resurgences of the show that continued up into the nineties. An appendix contains a complete program history with principal production credits and episode guides.
- Author BiographyHal Erickson is an editor for AMG All-Movie Guide, a frequent contributor to Encyclopedia Britannica, and a contributor to the Encyclopedia of Religious Revivals in America. He is also the author of The Baseball Filmography, 1915 through 2001, second edition (2002), Syndicated Television: The First Forty Years, 1947-1987 (2001), Sid and Marty Krofft (2007) and Television Cartoon Shows: An Illustrated Encyclopedia (1995). He lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Hal Erickson
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight458 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.