From Big Data to Big Profits: Success with Data and Analytics by Russell Walker (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $57.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVast holdings and assessment of consumer data by large companies are t new phemena. Firms' ability to leverage the data to reach customers in targeted campaigns and gain market share is, and on an unprecedented scale. Major companies have moved from serving as data or inventory storehouses, suppliers, and exchange mechanisms to monetizing their data and expanding the products they offer. Such changes have implications for both firms and consumers in the coming years. In Success with Big Data, Russell Walker investigates the use of internal Big Data to stimulate invations for operational effectiveness, and the ways in which external Big Data is developed for gauging, or even prompting, customer buying decisions. Walker examines the nature of Big Data, the vel measures they create for market activity, and the payoffs they can offer from the connectedness of the business and social world. With case studies from Apple, Netflix, Google, and Amazon, Walker both explores the market transformations that are changing perceptions of Big Data, and provides a framework for assessing and evaluating Big Data. Although the world appears to be moving toward a marketplace where consumers will be able to pull offers from firms, rather than simply receiving offers, Walker observes that such changes will require careful consideration of legal and unspoken business practices as they affect consumer privacy. Rigorous and meticulous, Success with Big Data is a valuable resource for graduate students and professionals with an interest in Big Data, digital platforms, and analytics.
- Author BiographyRussell Walker, Ph.D. is Clinical Associate Professor at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. Russell Walker has developed and taught leading executive programs on Big Data and Analytics, Strategic Data-Driven Marketing, Risk Management, and Global Leadership. He founded and teaches the popular Analytical Consulting Lab, which brings Kellogg MBAs together with real-world projects in Analytics and the use of Big Data. His is the author of the award-winning text Winning with Risk Management and had also authored many popular business cases. He received his Ph.D. from Cornell University, where he studied catastrophic risk analysis. He also holds an MS from Cornell University, an Executive MBA from the Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University. Dr. Walker consults with firms on the topics of Big Data and Analytics, Risk Management, and International Business Strategy.
- Author(s)Russell Walker
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width167 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.