All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'...I am flooded with warmth for this little expert on the art of living, who has just realised that even he has the possibility to live a long life. My interpretation is that he trusts he will get the time he needs in therapy to reach, first adulthood, and, then, old age. Right w he believes he will continue to be in therapy for the rest of his life. He cant imagine that it is going to come to an end. However, I have started to think about when we will have to part and I am t looking forward to it...'From Chaos to Coherence is the true story, told in everyday language, of the adopted boy Douglas and his journey towards adulthood with the help of psychotherapy.Douglas has severe psychic, physical and social handicaps and is also diagsed with ADHD. He is impulse-governed, aggressive, provocative and unable to interact with other children. He begins psychotherapy at the age of seven and continues weekly sessions for the next seven years.The reader is invited into the child psychotherapy room to follow the work of Douglas and his therapist, the author Elisabeth Cleve. The therapy can be described as physically intense work that evokes strong emotions in both Douglas and the therapist. We get to learn about their inner feelings, thoughts and actions during the different phases of the treatment.The story of Douglas captivates the reader and provides an understanding of what is going on inside a troubled little boy. This beautifully written account of successful psychotherapy is painfully honest at times and manages to bring the therapy sessions to life for the reader. From Chaos to Coherence is an important book and vital reading t only for all involved in children's psychotherapy, but for all of us in search of a humane, informative and touching book.
- Author BiographyElisabeth Cleve was born in 1946 in Stockholm, Sweden, where she was educated at the Erica Founcation, a training centre for psychotherapists specializing in children and adolescents. She is a licensed psychologist and psychotherapist for children and young people, a specialist in clinical psychology, a supervisor and an author. Her publications include 'From Chaos to Coherence. Psychotherapy with a boy with ADHD' (Karnac, 2004) and, with Britta Blomberg, 'The Machover Test. A Handbook with Theoretical Perspectives' (Psykologifoerlaget AB, 1997).
- Author(s)Elisabeth Cleve
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.