From Conflict to Conciliation: How to Defuse Difficult Situations by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConflict is inevitable, but educators can work together effectively if they understand how to defuse difficult situations before they escalate. This resource describes the Six-C process, a conflict resolution method that allows educators to take progressively more assertive steps as necessary to resolve disagreements. Based on research and easy to remember, this approach helps readers handle challenging situations using the least amount of time and energy. Illustrated with many examples and scenarios, the six steps are: Concern - identifying actionable concerns; Confer - expressing concerns in nthreatening ways; Consult - reviewing and clarifying the situation collaboratively; Confront - considering consequences and giving clear warnings; Combat - taking sustained, logical action; and, Conciliation - mending the wounds and restoring relationships. Focused on preserving relationships while resolving disagreements, From Conflict to Conciliation can be used in any situation or setting, from the classroom to the community.
- Author BiographyWilliam Watson Purkey is professor emeritus of counselor education at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro and co-founder of The International Alliance for Invitational Education(R). A noted author, researcher, speaker, and leader, Purkey has authored nearly 100 articles and more than a dozen books. John J. Schmidt is professor emeritus of counselor education at East Carolina University, where he chaired the department for fourteen years. Author of more than 50 professional articles and nearly 20 books and manuals, Schmidt is a national certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in North Carolina. John M. Novak is professor and former chair of Graduate Studies in Education at Brock University, Canada. An invited keynote speaker on six continents, Novak is the author of numerous articles, book chapters, and ten books and monographs. He is the past president of the Society of Professors of Education.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJohn J. Schmidt,John M. Novak,William Watson Purkey
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.