From Culture Wars to Common Ground: Religion and the American Family Debate by Westminster/John Knox Press,U.S. (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the status of the American family? How is it changing? Are these changes making anything better? What is the future of the family? Does religion offer a positive answer? Not since Habits of the Heart has one book confronted these important issues with such personal and societal impact. This groundbreaking study argues for the creation of a new family ethic that must be central to the agendas of both contemporary society and the church. The Family, Culture, and Religion series offers informed and responsible analyses of the state of the American family from a religious perspective and provides practical assistance for the family's revitalization.
- Author BiographyDon S. Browning is Alexander Campbell Professor Emeritus of Ethics and the Social Sciences at the University of Chicago Divinity School in Chicago, Illinois. He is the author of Religious Thought and Modern Psychologies and Reviving Christian Humanism: The New Conversation on Spirituality, Theology, and Psychology. Bonnie J. Miller-McLemore is E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Professor of Pastoral Theology and Counseling at Vanderbilt University Divinity School in Nashville, Tennessee. She is the author of many books and articles, including Children and Childhood in American Religions. Pamela D. Couture is Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dean, and Professor of Practical Theology at Saint Paul School of Theology in Kansas City, Missouri. Her publications include Child Poverty: Love, Justice, and Social Responsibility and Blessed are the Poor? Women's Poverty, Family Policy, and Practical Theology. K. Brynolf Lyon is Professor of Practical Theology and Pastoral Care at Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis, Indiana. He is also a licensed mental health counselor and a consultant to congregations and not-for-profit organizations regarding group and interpersonal dynamics. Robert M. Franklin is the President of Morehouse College. He previously served as Presidential Distinguished Professor of Social Ethics at the Candler School of Theology at Emory University and as President of the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/05/2001
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleFamily, Religion & Culture
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBonnie J. Miller-McLemore,Don S. Browning,K. Brynolf Lyon,Pamela D. Couture,Robert Michael Franklin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.