All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe question on salvation with its multifarious dimensions had always been a significant subject-matter of discussion from time immemorial. All the religious traditions attempt to formulate appropriate answers to the questions related to this, one of the most crucial issues in theological reflections. Still the concept remains wide open for further research. It is St. Paul who said that, For w we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I kw only in part; then I will kw fully, even as I have been fully kwn. (1 Cor. 13:13) Salvation, as St. Paul conceives it, is a face to face vision of God in perfect kwledge merited through the person of Christ and through the gratuitous gift of grace. It is a passage from igrance to truth, from darkness to light and from death to immortality (Br. Upa. I. iii. 27). From Darkness to Light aims at an enhanced understanding of the concept of salvation, comparing the theological and soteriological positions of Thomas Aquinas and Sankara. The author has made an admirable attempt in Comparative Theology, deciphering and clarifying all related concepts of salvation in both the thinkers.
- Author BiographySanthosh Thomas Karingadayil, born in 1970 in Chempanthotty (India), belongs to the Congregation of the Friars Minor Capuchins. After his studies in philosophy and theology he was ordained priest in 1997. The duties assigned to him and the pastoral care of the expatriates in Gulf motivated him to do his higher studies in comparative theology. Having completed his doctorate from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, he is at present serving the needs of his province in Kerala.
- Author(s)Santhosh Thomas Karingadayil
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 23: Theologie/Series 23: Theology/Serie 23: Theologie
- Series Part/Volume Number918
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight420 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.