All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe school-to-prison pipeline is a national concern, from the federal to local governments, and a leading topic in conversations in the field of urban education and juvenile justice. From Education to Incarceration: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline is a ground-breaking book that exposes the school system's direct relationship to the juvenile justice system. The book reveals various tenets contributing to unnecessary expulsions, leaving youth vulnerable to the streets and, ultimately, behind bars. From Education to Incarceration is a must-read for parents, teachers, law enforcement, judges, lawyers, administrators, and activists concerned with and involved in the juvenile justice and school system. The contributors are leading scholars in their fields and experts on the school-to-prison pipeline.
- Author BiographyAnthony J. Nocella Ii, PhD, a scholar-activist, is a Senior Fellow in the Dispute Resolution Institute at the Hamline Law School. He has been an activist and community organizer dedicated to prison abolition and social justice for nearly twenty years and is the editor of the Peace Studies Journal. Nocella's latest work includes Policing the Campus: Academic Repression, Surveillance, and the Occupy Movement. Priya Parmar, PhD, is Associate Professor of Secondary Education and Program Head of English Education at Brooklyn College, CUNY. Parmar's most recent scholarly works include Critical Literacy in English Literature and Knowledge Reigns Supreme: The Critical Pedagogy of Hip Hop Artist KRS-ONE. David Stovall, PhD, is Associate Professor of Educational Policy Studies and African-American Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago. In addition to his duties and responsibilities at UIC, he also serves as a volunteer social studies teacher at the Greater Lawndale/Little Village School for Social Justice.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number453
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAnthony J. Nocella,David Stovall,Priya Parmar
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.