Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionRoss Honsberger's love of mathematics comes through very clearly in From Erdos to Kiev. He presents intriguing, stimulating problems that can be solved with elementary mathematical techniques. It will give pleasure to motivated students and their teachers, but it will also appeal to anyone who enjoys a mathematical challenge. Most of the problems in the collection have appeared on national or international Olympiads or other contests. Thus, they are quite challenging (with solutions that are all the more rewarding). The solutions use straightforward arguments from elementary mathematics (often t very technical arguments) with only the occasional foray into sophisticated or advanced ideas. Anyone familiar with elementary mathematics can appreciate a large part of the book. The problems included in this collection are taken from geometry, number theory, probability, and combinatorics. Solutions to the problems are included.
- Author(s)Ross Honsberger
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication27/02/1997
- Series TitleDolciani Mathematical Expositions
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 17
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Note50 b/w illus.
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.