All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMany seminarians suspect that their courses in Hebrew have little relevance to their current and future ministry. Author Robert Chisholm believes otherwise, and in From Exegesis to Exposition, he shows seminarians and seminary-trained pastors how to preach accurate, informative, and even exciting sermons that are solidly rooted in the Hebrew text and do t require an irdinate amount of time to prepare. According to Chisholm, too many seminary courses don't teach students how to make the transfer from parsing verbs to crafting relevant text-based sermons. This practical guide provides a comprehensive corrective, moving readers from the beginning stages of exegesis to the finished sermon. Designed as a textbook for a second-year Hebrew course, From Exegesis to Exposition * introduces students to the best language tools (including computer aids) * guides students in making text-critical decisions * discusses how to determine the precise meaning of Hebrew words and phrases and how to avoid common mistakes made in word studies * surveys Hebrew syntax and demonstrates the impact basic grammatical observations can have on exegesis * explains how a text's literary form and features influence interpretation * outlines and illustrates an interpretive method * includes numerous examples and exercises to guide readers through the exegetical process and give them an opportunity to develop their own skill * shows students how to construct an exposition from their exegetical work and includes several sample expositions Chisholm reminds pastors and seminarians that it is never too late to renew their commitment to the importance of using Hebrew in ministry, regain a kwledge of the essentials of the language, and learn how to use the Hebrew Bible effectively.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Chisholm Jr. (Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary) is professor of Old Testament studies at Dallas Theological Seminary. He wrote Interpreting the Minor Prophets and contributed to the Dictionary of Biblical Imagery and the New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis.
- Author(s)Robert Chisholm
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.