All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDaily traffic jams, discussions whenever a new infrastructure project is launched, the health debate about car emissions-the tense relationship between infrastructure and its surroundings becomes clearer to us every day. Infrastructure and urbanism seem to belong to two different worlds. While infrastructure design belongs to the domain of the engineer, urbanism is often part of the overlapping disciplines of architecture, social science, and policy studies. From Flux to Frame sets out to bridge the gap between urban planning and transport history. Maarten Van Acker investigates the spatial impact of highways, motorways, canals, tramways, and railways on the surrounding landscape by applying a new methodology that combines classical historical literature with invative mapping techniques. The book features an abundance of previously unpublished historical illustrations of exceptional quality.
- Author BiographyMaarten Van Acker is Professor of Urbanism at the University of Antwerp and an urban designer.
- Author(s)Maarten Van Acker
- PublisherLeuven University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLeuven
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintLeuven University Press
- Content Noteover 400 black & white illustrations
- Weight1114 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.