All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAre you angered by the high level of inequality but frustrated about what to do? From Here to Prosperity tells you how we can resolve this together. It is t ather lengthy, learned work on the extent of the problem, it is about how to fix it, build a sustainable ecomy and bring greater social justice. This refreshing book is a must-read for anyone who wants to see a better life for themselves and the millions who suffer unnecessary financial hardship and pressure every day. It is written in a common sense style to encourage discussion and immediate action. Research shows that high levels of inequality are bad for us all (The Spirit Level: Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett). Polls show that extreme inequality is a key issue for voters and that most people expect the government to take effective action. But they don't, Why? Because we don't push them hard, show our true feelings. Voting is t eugh, a strong determined social movement is required to press our politicians to act boldly and transform our society for the better, for all, t just the few. From Here to Prosperity is a handbook for this social movement, this political revolution. It sets out a very clear bold agenda for action. This agenda is based on the principle of 'Income for me/wealth for we . We keep more of the income we earn and we share more equitably the wealth we create jointly. There are just five key interlinked policy initiatives in the Agenda for Progressive Prosperity and they could all be kick started on Day One of any new political administration and see positive results within three years, to ensure that our democracy works for us all, t just the few. Now is the time to act. First step: buy this book.
- Author BiographyThomas Burgess has been a serial entrepreneur, journalist, editor, lecturer and broadcaster. He was active in student politics, has stood for public office, was a founder member of a new political party and has edited a political newspaper. He built a marketing business that operated in 80 countries from offices in London and San Francisco and has personally advised over 400 companies as well as the Republic of Ireland and the State of California. He founded Savemoneynow, an online comparison service and was Highly Commended in the Entrepreneurial Director of the Year Awards. He holds a BA Honours in Public Administration and is a member of the Commonwealth Club of California and the Royal Economic Society. He is son of the late Dr Ronald Burgess, Director of the Economic Study Association, and author of Public Revenue without Taxation.
- Author(s)Thomas J. Burgess
- PublisherShepheard-Walwyn (Publishers) Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShepheard-Walwyn (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteTables & graphs Index
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.