Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCollects unpublished talks and hard-to-find essays from legendary activist historian Staughton Lynd. The common theme is the conviction that humankind should reject capitalism and imperialism, and seek a transition to ather world. In a wide-ranging introduction, anarchist Andrej Grubacic considers how Lynd's persistent concerns relate to traditional anarchism. Grubacic and Lynd both advocate a convergence of anarchism and Marxism. Inspired by the Zapatista upheaval in Mexico, the two friends find lessons for radicals everywhere in Zapatista ideas.
- Author BiographyAndrej Grubacicis an anarchist dissident, historian, and sociologist who has written on anarchism and the history of the Balkans. He is the author of Wobblies and Zapatistas: Conversations on Anarchism, Marxism, and Radical History. He lives in San Francisco. Staughton Lyndis a former professor ofhistory at Spelman College and Yale. He is the author of Nonviolence in America: A Documentary History. He lives in Youngstown, Ohio.
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication17/06/2010
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.