All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book by an experienced conductor to explore the orchestras contribution to Mozarts greatest operatic works: Idomeneo, Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail, Die Schauspieldirektor, Le zze di Figaro, Don Giovanni, Cosi fan tutte, La clemenza di Tito, and Die Zauberflote. It is written for the concert and opera going public who are interested in enlarging their kwledge and appreciation of these masterpieces, but also contains many practical suggestions for aspiring conductors.
- Author BiographyMyer Fredman studied with Sir Adrian Boult, and has assisted Otto Klemperer and Sir Charles Mackerras, and was the first Music Director of Glyndebourne Touring Opera. He received an Italian Government medal Per Servizio della Musica e Cultura Italiana, and has conducted the Royal Philhar- monic Orchestra and London Philharmonic Orchestra. Sir Charles Mackerras. Among his many international musical engagements he was: Conductor at the Glyndebourne Festival, 1963-74; Initial Musical Director of Glyndebourne Touring Opera, 1968-74; Musical Director, State Opera of South Australia, 1974-80; Conductor and Artistic Associate with The Australian Opera, 1983-98.
- Author(s)Myer Fredman
- PublisherSussex Academic Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSussex Academic Press
- Out-of-print date20/11/2014
- Weight455 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword bySir Charles Mackerras
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.