All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.70
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.13
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.52
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $33.80
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.50
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $33.23
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past two decades, cuisine and culinary history have attracted increasing attention, with both popular and academic books reflecting the growth of interest. Recipes are both sensitive markers of the socioecomic conditions of their times and written representations of a culture's culinary repertoire yet, despite the vast number of cookbooks that survive, they have t been the primary focus of research projects. Ackwledgement of their potential contribution to our understanding of culinary history has been slow. This book is a first in its field.
- Author BiographyHelen Leach is a Professor of Anthropology at the University of Otago. Her research interests include the evolution of the human diet and prehistoric horticulture. She has written two garden history books: Cultivating Myths: Fiction, Fact and Fashion in Garden History (2000) and 1,000 Years of Gardening in New Zealand (1984), co-authored nine others, and published over 60 articles in international and New Zealand journals.
- Author(s)Helen Leach
- PublisherOtago University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationDunedin
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintOtago University Press
- Out-of-print date22/01/2015
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight418 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.