All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new book is a chrological narrative of the experiences of Evgenii Moniushko, who lived through and survived the first year of the siege of Leningrad and who served as a junior officer in the Red Army during the last eighteen months of war and the first year of the Soviet occupation of Czechoslovakia and Hungary. This volume presents an intensely human view of daily army life both in combat and garrison duty and unique perspectives on the conditions he and other junior officers and common soldiers endured while in army service.
- Author BiographyDavid M. Glantz has been described as the West's foremost expert on the military aspects of the Red Army's performance in the Great Patriotic War. A graduate of the Virginia Military Institute and the University of North Carolina, he is the founder and former director of the US Army's Foreign Military Studies Office, Combined-Arms Command, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Founder and Editor of the Journal of Slavic Military Studies, he has written and edited numerous books on Soviet and Russian military affairs.
- Author(s)Evgenii D. Moniushko
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleSoviet Russian Study of War
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrank Cass Publishers
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byColonel David M. Glantz
- Translated byOleg Sheremet
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.