All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the summer of 1956, Lloyd Rudolph and Susanne Rudolph travelled 5,000 miles from London to Jaipur in a Land Rover and recorded their impressions and experiences of people and places encountered on the way. Their passage to India marked the beginning of an academic career spanning over five decades spent researching, writing, and teaching about the country. Destination India is an account of the Rudolphs' journey 'East of Suez'-across Western Asia, Turkey, Iran, and Afghanistan into the Indian subcontinent-and of all that they learned there.
- Author BiographyLloyd I. Rudolph is Professor Emeritus of Political Science and Susanne Hoeber Rudolph is William Benton Distinguished Service Professor Emerita at the University of Chicago. In 2014, they have been awarded the Padma Bhushan, one of India's highest civilian honour, for literature and education, and the University of Chicago's Norman MacLean Faculty Award.
- Author(s)Lloyd I. Rudolph,Susanne Hoeber Rudolph
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illustrations
- Weight246 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.