All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe students of Bryant High School's Retail Work Program were classified as losers exiled from regular classes for disruptive, undisciplined behavior. Nobody-least of all the students-thought they would ever succeed. We proved everyone wrong. As the program's hands-on approach, which included subject related employment, gave them confidence, the students built lasting, positive relationships with each other, their parents, employers, and faculty. These bonds inspired them, encouraging them to remain in the program with phemenal results. One hundred percent of students enrolled in the Retail Work Program graduated high school. An unprecedented 90 percent went on to college. While the program was praised by the board of education, the secret of its success lay in the students themselves-their determination and their mutual support. From Losers to Winners relates the stories of these students-kids who found purpose and motivation in spite of personal, family, and legal problems in their lives, transforming themselves into successful adults. A former member of the Bryant High School faculty, it was Marvin Findling's privilege as originator and director, to help the students of the Retail Work Program discover and develop their passions and channel them into lifelong skills.
- Author BiographyMarvin Findling earned his Bachelor's of Business Administration from Baruch College, New York, and completed his educational courses at Fordham and New York University before going on to receive a Master's of Educational Administration and Supervision from Pace University. He is a member of Phi Delta Kappa. As originator and director, Mr. Findling was an integral part of the teaching responsible for the Retail Work Program's success. Prior to his teaching career, Mr. Findling gained his retailing knowledge as a sales manager for The Fuller Brush Co., the same company the Reverend Billy Graham sold products for on a door-to-door basis, and credits for his additional perseverance in delivering his sermons. Mr. Findling is currently a senior financial representative for the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.
- Author(s)Marvin Findling
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.