All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on Dr. Croibier s everyday clinical experience, this book provides critical tools for examining patients in order to determine what the course of treatment should be. Written for manual hands-on therapy students and practitioners that include osteopaths, physical therapists, and chiropractors, the book explores in depth the osteopathic diagsis process that aims to identify an abrmality and to discover factors that may be causing the dysfunction. Drawing a comparison between diagsis in classical medicine and osteopathy, Dr. Croibier explains that the osteopath focuses on restoring the conditions of good health rather than simply addressing the consequences of disease. Enhanced with more than 175 full-color instructional photos and illustrations, the book describes the manual hands-on assessments and general evaluations that lead to a diagsis. Manual assessments include objective observation, diagstic touch, palpation of the affected areas of the body, visualization, and listening (a hand placed on a specific part of the body to determine tissue functionality). Based on Dr. Croibier s recommendations, the manual therapist also performs a patient intake and interview; general evaluation that analyzes the patient s symptoms and general state; examination of posture and equilibrium; and observation of individual characteristics, such as constitution, temperament, and body type.
- Author BiographyAlain Croibier, DO, is a highly regarded osteopath in private practice since 1990. The author of five books on manual therapy, he lives in Meylan, France. Jean-Pierre Barral is associated with the famed Barral Institute in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
- Author(s)Alain Croibier
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note82 Four-Colour Photographs, 96 Four-Colour Illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.