All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book explores two radical changes of cultural and social paradigm that determined the World after 1945 Modernism and Postmodernism. From the cataclysmic atmosphere emerged the second wave of Modernism. In art this attitude was manifested in the form of a radical break with the aesthetic and stylistic characteristics of prior generations. In architecture the International Style was born, meanwhile similar universality was also a characteristic of musical serialism. From the beginning of the 1970s the wheels again began to turn in the other direction. The powerful destructive will of modernism increasingly waivered, and the period after modernism postmodernism began. The book answers questions related to the reasons for these turnarounds, their consequences and their implications.
- Author BiographyKatarina Bogunovic Hoc?evar works as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Musicology at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. Her research interests include the history of 19th and first half of 20th century music, the history of Slovene music and the aesthetics of music.Gregor Pompe studied comparative literature, German language and musicology at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. He works as an Associate Professor at the Department of Musicology at the Faculty of Arts in Ljubljana. His scientific interest focuses on the problem of musical semantics, the history of opera and contemporary music.Nejc Sukljan studied musicology and general history at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. He works as an Assistant at the Department of Musicology at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana.
- Author(s)Gregor Pompe,Katarina Bogunovic Hocevar,Nejc Sukljan
- PublisherPeter Lang Gmbh, Internationaler Verlag Der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication10/08/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang Gmbh, Internationaler Verlag Der Wissenschaften
- Weight608 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.57New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.12New
- AU $61.25Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.