All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionOne in three people in the UK is part of a stepfamily. Remarriages w make up 38% of weddings and many of these marriages involve children from previous relationships on both sides. It's an unfortunate statistic that 70% of blended families break up within the first three years. Seven years ago Jo Danks was in that very situation. She had a daughter from a previous marriage and was head over heels in love with a man in a similar position. She desperately needed help and guidance but while there were many books available on being a stepmother, there were ne which could advise her on being a blended stepmother. So after several years of learning on the job, she decided to write the definitive guide to the challenges facing the soon-to-be stepmother. With the inclusion of testimonies from other blending stepmothers, life coaches and counsellors, fun self-assessment exercises and the help of lively characters based on the author's young adolescent family, FROM MOTHER TO STEPMOTHER gives encouragement, practical guidance and a strong sense of fellowship to blending stepmothers everywhere.
- Author BiographyJo was born in the UK but moved to South Africa at the age of thirteen. She was Head of Creative for Primedia in South Africa before becoming Senior Creative Writer for GWR Radio Group in the UK (now Global Media). She now lectures in creative writing for the Open University.
- Author(s)Joanna Collie
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight344 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.