All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOliver Heaviside's electromagnetic investigations - from the publication of his first electrical paper in 1972 to the public recognition awarded to him by Lord Kelvin in 1889 - have consistently attracted attention over the years, and of late have become a major source for the study of the development of field theory after Maxwell. From Obscurity to Enigma is the only comprehensive, in-depth analysis of Heaviside's work. It analyses and elucidates his brilliant but often close-to-indecipherable Electrical Papers and traces the evolution of his ideas against the background of growing kwledge in basic electromagnetic theory, telegraphy and telephony during these years. The book will be appreciated by historians of science and techlogy in the late 19th and early 20th centuries and by physicists and electrical engineers, many of whom are aware of Heaviside's contributions to their respective fields.
- Author BiographyIdo Yavetz is a Professor at The Cohn Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas at the Tel Aviv University.
- Author(s)Ido Yavetz
- PublisherSpringer Basel
- Date of Publication18/06/2011
- Series TitleScience Networks. Historical Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer Basel
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight539 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementReprint of the 1995 Edition.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.