Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe ability to create a stunning black and white image remains one of photography's greatest and most aspirational skills. Being able to see in black and white is an enviable capability, and a well-crafted black and white photograph remains the finest of the fine arts. Master photographer Vincent Versace has spent his career teaching the art of perception and how to translate it into extraordinary black and white images. In From Oz to Kansas: Almost Every Black and White Conversion Technique Kwn to Man, Versace discusses digital black and white photography-with a d to traditional film-based techniques. As Versace states, today the goal is to use what was right and good about silver photography, leaving behind what was limiting, and use what is right and good about digital photography, while avoiding its pitfalls. This is what this book is all about. The reason you must learn almost every black and white conversion technique kwn to man is because, depending on the image-and your goals for it-there are many paths you can take in order to arrive at your final destination. Working through Versace's techniques will give you the essential kwledge you need, as well as the ability to select the appropriate conversion technique for any image, allowing you to create a black and white image that best and most accurately reflects what you felt at the moment that you pressed the shutter. Foreword by Dr. Richard Zakia, Professor Emeritus, Rochester Institute of Techlogy Afterword by John Fraser, Chef and Proprietor, Dovetail Restaurant, New York
- Author BiographyVincent Versace is a recipient of the Computerworld Smithsonian Award in Media Arts and Entertainment, the Shellenberg fine art award, a four-time nominee to the Photoshop Hall of Fame and is the author of the best selling book Welcome to Oz, the first edition of which was chosen as Shutterbug magazine's best how to book of the year. Versace is a member of the Epson Stylus Pros, a Nikon Legend Behind the Lens, an Xrite Colorotti, Lexar Elite Photographer, and an American Photo Magazine Mentor Trek and Master Class instructor.
- Author(s)Vincent Versace
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/08/2012
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Riders Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight669 g
- Width203 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.