All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransform your vision and passion as you learn how to effectively start, grow, and lead a nprofit organization with this practical, inspiring guide. FROM PASSION TO EXECUTION: HOW TO START AND GROW AN EFFECTIVE NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION combines meaningful, real examples and insights, based on the author's extensive experience, with a high-energy, powerful presentation that equips you with the confidence to follow your dream of starting a nprofit organization. This reader-friendly book provides specific how-to steps to start a nprofit organization with a focus on long term sustainability. The author shows you how to set the ground work, from exploring your personal passion and effectively articulating a mission statement to building a solid board. You also learn how to communicate vision, design programs, ignite volunteers, assemble the right business team, craft a strategic plan, seek supporters, and navigate differing personalities as the organization grows. Finally, you learn to assess results and adjust plans to effectively manage and continue to lead a successful organization.
- Author BiographyLyn Scott currently serves as Vice President/CFO of Tarrant County Samaritan Housing, Inc. The social service organization provides supportive services and housing for its clients. Additionally, Ms. Scott served as Chief Operating Officer of a nationally chartered history museum and educational institution. With a career focus in business operations, her extensive professional experience encompasses banking, manufacturing, and nonprofit organizations. Scott is a graduate of Texas Wesleyan University, and she recently received her MBA from Texas Woman's University. Driven by a passion for volunteerism and community activism, Lyn has held volunteer positions at several local charities.
- Author(s)Lyn Scott
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width186 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.