All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionBeatrice Bressan brings together a number of outstanding examples of successful cross-disciplinary techlogy transfer originating in fundamental physics research, which dramatically impacted scientific progress in areas which changed modern society. Many of them were developed at CERN, a hotbed of fundamental inventions in particle physics. This book deals with breakthrough developments being applied in the world of IT, consumer electronics, aviation, and material sciences. Additional sections of the book deal with kwledge management and techlogy transfer including their ecomic aspects. While each chapter has been drafted by an expert in the field, the editor has carefully edited the whole to ensure a coherent overall structure. A must-have for policy makers, techlogy companies, investors, strategic planners in research and techlogy, as well as attractive reading for the research community.
- Author BiographyBeatrice Bressan is a science and technology writer and an expert consultant for companies and associations. After a degree in Mathematical Physics (La Sapienza University, Rome) and a Master in Science Communication (ISAS, International School for Advanced Studies, Trieste), Italy, she obtained a PhD and carried out a postdoctoral study in Knowledge Management and Technology Transfer for the Department of Physical Sciences of Helsinki University, Finland, within the research programmes of CERN, Geneva, Switzerland. She has worked as Technology Transfer Promotion Officer at CERN and as Scientific Journalist for EMI, the European Middleware Initiative at INFN (the Italian National Institute of Nuclear Physics) and for ENEL (the Italian National Electricity Entity). Her managerial positions include: Responsible for the TOTEM experiment Outreach (CERN); Head of Communications (SIB, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics); Communications Manager (Physics Department, Geneva University); Communications Director (MaatG Cloud Computing Company), Switzerland, and Chief Business Development Officer (gnubila Software Development Company), France. She is member of EUSJA (European Union of Science Journalists? Associations) and has extensive experience in project management, business development, media publishing, public relations, mediation and negotiation. She is author and editor in a wide range of subject areas, among her publications: A History of International Research Networking (Wiley, 2010), Knowledge Management in an International Research Centre (Lambert Academic Publishing, 2011).
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication17/09/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight848 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBeatrice Bressan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.