All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents more treasures from the archive of papers left by philosopher Elizabeth Anscombe, edited by her daughter and son-in-law, philosophers Mary Geach and Luke Gormally. This volume collects a number of published and unpublished papers by Elizabeth Anscombe in which she engages with the thought of major philosophers of the past. Philosophers featured include Plato, Anselm, Aquinas, Descartes, Hume, Spiza, and Wittgenstein.
- Author BiographyAnscombe (1919-2001) read classics and philosophy at St Hugh's College, Oxford from 1937 to 1941 in which year she married the philosopher Peter Geach. She subsequently researched in philosophy at Newnham College, Cambridge where she became a student and friend of Ludwig Wittgenstein. One of his literary executors, she played a large part in editing his unpublished works and was their principal English translator. In 1946 she returned to Oxford as a University Lecturer in 1951. From 1970 until her retirement in 1986 she held the Chair of Philosophy at Cambridge.
- Author(s)G. E. M. Anscombe
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- Series TitleSt Andrews Studies in Philosophy and Public Affairs
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight604 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byLuke Gormally,Mary Geach
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.