All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Poetry to History offers twenty-five selected papers by the leading Latin scholar A. J. Woodman, and focuses on Latin poetry and historiography from the mid-first century BC to the early second century AD. Most of the papers represent close readings of individual poems or passages of text. The authors principally featured are Catullus, Horace, and especially Tacitus, but there are also treatments of Cicero, Virgil, Livy, Augustus' Res Gestae, Velleius, and the younger Pliny. The volume includes four papers t previously published, as well as an epilogue which discusses some of the issues raised.
- Author BiographyA. J. Woodman started his career at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne (1968-80), where he was previously an undergraduate. He was then successively Professor of Latin at Leeds University (1980-84), and Durham University (1984-2004), before moving to his present position as Basil L. Gildersleeve Professor of Classics at the University of Virginia. He has written and edited numerous books on both Latin literature and ancient historical texts.
- Author(s)A. J. Woodman
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight698 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.