All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Protest to Challenge is a multi-volume chronicle of the struggle to achieve democracy and end racial discrimination in South Africa. Beginning in 1882 during the heyday of European imperialism, these volumes document the history of race conflict, protest, and political mobilization by South Africa's black majority. Volume 6 takes up the story in 1980 and examines the crucial decade that preceded the collapse of the apartheid system. As with earlier volumes in the series, it combines narrative with a wealth of primary source materials that record the words of the men and women who shaped South Africa's complex history.
- Author BiographyGail M. Gerhart is Adjunct Professor at the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. She is author of Black Power in South Africa: The Evolution of an Ideology and author (with Thomas G. Karis) of volumes 3-5 of From Protest to Challenge. Clive L. Glaser teaches in the History Department at the University of the Witwatersrand. He is author of Bo-Tsotsi: The Youth Gangs of Soweto, 1935-1976 and editor of the journal African Studies.
- Author(s)Clive L. Glaser,Gail M. Gerhart
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note23 b&w illus., 6 maps
- Weight1293 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.