All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt some point in life there comes the time when the storm must become peace... Becoming a race horse is a grueling marathon training event. FROM RACE HORSE TO TRAIL HORSE AND PET is the n-fictional memoir of Billy, an ex thoroughbred race horse, who's able to look back over a young but profound life and shares his deeply moving story! Retired from racing, Billy is exercised occasionally, but always groomed and fed... Until one day he's t shod and soon develops abscesses on his feet. Angry at Billy's condition, his caretaker called the vet. After all the changes that have happened at the farm, Billy worries as horses leave and his caretaker sinks deeper and deeper into melancholy. And this was only the beginning. Despite his caretaker's sadness and the disappearance of the other horses, she cares lovingly for Billy. The day she takes him to a new home, he's surprised but very pleased - He was moved to a green and grassy place, with good hay to eat and a lake with cool, refreshing water! Although he's the only thoroughbred race horse in the huge paddock, the other horses, albeit somewhat shy, are healthy, well-groomed and friendly. To his surprise, Billy finds out he first must learn to be like a natural horse - something he's never been taught. He'd been trained to run and win. This is a new race in which one runs and everyone can win! In this heartwarming and candid expose, we're invited into the world of a thoroughbred race horse, never realizing the trials and triumphs that make this horse and caretaker a cut above all others! This enthralling book is filled with gorgeous photos that say what words never can. Get your copy of FROM RACE HORSE TO TRAIL HORSE AND PET and discover the exciting and precarious life of a champion thoroughbred whose only goal is to fit in... Just to be a natural horse!
- Author BiographyMarion N. Seidel's equestrian journey has traversed two continents, and spanned nearly four decades. Born in Dusseldorf, Germany, her love of horses drew her to the race track and as a teenager Marion became an apprentice jockey. For sixteen years she poured all of her love and passion for the majestic animals and racing, also known as The Sport of Kings into her work. In 1992 Marion made a move to Florida and continued working in the field as an exercise rider. It was then that she was presented with a stark contrast of ideology between her home in Germany and of Europe as a whole, and how the Thoroughbred Horse Racing industry was run and operated in the United States. She was confronted with an astounding amount of performance enhancing medication administered to the animals, as well as drug use, and abuse forced upon them by the trainers. Training methods that were taboo in Europe were commonplace in the U.S., and Marion became disenfranchised with the entire structure of the industry. In 1995 she made the decision to step away from the sport and from the animals she loved because she couldn't reconcile what she saw as abuse. In 2011 Marion earned her Thoroughbred Trainer's License and opened the door for private ownership. It was also the time she felt moved to share her story and lifetime of experience with the equestrian world. Marion has penned three novels since 2013. 'Just Another Race Horse', 'Race Horse Training: Compared', and 'From Race Horse to Trail Horse and Pet' were all published within a year of one another, and showcase the knowledge and insight Marion has earned over forty years of working with the animals she loves. Marion has become a champion for Thoroughbred Horses and continues to work with, and care for them today. She hopes to raise awareness and garner compassion for the beautiful animals being abused every day, simply for the entertainment of race fans. Marion's next novel (Title and Release Date-TBA) is in production and promises to once again showcase her passion for, her love of, and her knowledge about Thoroughbreds and the industry many of them in the United States are trapped in.
- Author(s)Marion N Seidel
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.