All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Recipients to Dors examines the emergence, or re-emergence, of a large number of nations as partners and dors in international development, from global powers such as Brazil, China and India, to Gulf states such as Saudi Arabia, to former socialist states such as Poland and Russia. The impact of these countries in international development has grown sharply, and as a result they have become a subject of intense interest and analysis. This unique book explores the range of opportunities and challenges this phemen presents for poorer countries and for development policy, ideology and governance. Drawing on the author's rich original research, whilst expertly condensing published and unpublished material, From Recipients to Dors is an essential critical analysis and review for anyone interested in development, aid and international relations.
- Author BiographyEmma Mawdsley is a senior lecturer in the Geography Department, University of Cambridge, and a Fellow of Newnham College. Her recent work on development politics focuses on the 'rising powers', and includes a co-authored book (with Gerard McCann) on contemporary India-Africa relations, and publications on China and Africa. She recently led a project examining public perceptions of development cooperation in China, India, Poland, Russia and South Africa.
- Author(s)Emma Mawdsley
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/08/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.