Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the removal of i-umlaut alternations from the inflectional system of Middle English. After presenting the scope and nature of the process in Germanic languages, it offers a detailed investigation into its lexicalisation in main dialects of Middle English. The observed developments are viewed as an interplay of four main factors: the degree of optimal patterning, type frequency, language contact and paradigmatic pressure.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Marcin Krygier is Assistant Professor at the School of English, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland. In 1993 he received his Ph.D. In 1996 he spent 10 months at the University of California, Los Angeles, as a Senior Fulbright Scholar.
- Author(s)Marcin Krygier
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- Series TitleUniversity of Bamberg Studies in English Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 40
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight430 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.