All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a decade virtually exploding with drug addiction books, Janice Witt writes this one to the Parents, Husbands, Wives, and loved ones of those who suffer with the disease of addiction and are wondering if drug rehab or alcohol rehab is the best course of action. Desperate and frightened, those who love addicted people suffer tremendously. This book addresses the issues surrounding drug addiction recovery, with research-based opinions regarding what kind of drug rehabilitation works best and for whom. In our society, drug addicts and drug addiction are demonized. What continues to fuel the perpetual prejudice, against this disease and those who have it, is a culturally accepted array of misinformation and misunderstanding. It is toward the end of igrance that the Author writes a brief, research-based primer explicating the nature of addiction and effective drug addiction rehabilitation. In recovery for over 25 years, herself, Janice Witt has been helping other addicts and alcoholics get well for nearly 24 of them. This is t one of your average addiction recovery books. Janice t only educates the reader, but invites everyone to the journey of learning more about the disease of addiction and then in advocating on the behalves of those who suffer from it. At the end of the book you will find a website address, allowing you to download a FREE resource guide of addiction professionals and quality addiction treatment facilities recommended by the Author.
- Author BiographyIn recovery for over 25 years, Janice Witt has been helping other addicts and alcoholics get well for nearly 24 of them. Janice's most recent children's books are Harold: a very long dog with a very big heart and Harold- Discovers Santa's Secret. Her collaboration with writer Pete Stewart should be out in 2014-Terminally Unique: the stories of two addicts, their ravaged lives, and their paths back to grace Janice Witt was first published in the Pearl Literary Journal in 1989. She has spent years writing and reading as a featured artist at various coffee houses and galleries, including Johnny Otis' Art of the Spoken word in Sebastopol, California. She has written for both the Topanga Messenger and Women's Voices. Janice published her book of poetry: Romance and Other Humiliations from a Texas Waitress with Heartworm: Iguana Press/1990 and has been seen in Louder Than Bombs and Feh: the journal of odious poetry, among others.
- Author(s)Janice L Witt
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.