All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains a global comparative study of implementation and monitoring mechanisms for national disability strategies. It comprises a comparative study that was conducted at international, regional and comparative country levels and that highlights critical success factors in implementing disability strategies or action plans worldwide. It explores emerging synergies between what is required to implement principles of international law contained in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and what it is possible to achieve through national policy and systems development. A number of critical success factors for implementing and monitoring strategies are identified, including leadership from government and civil society, participation of disabled people in implementation and monitoring, transparency and accountability in reporting on progress, independent monitoring and external review, and the ability to measure progress with indicators of disability equality.
- Author BiographyDr Eilionoir Flynn is a postdoctoral researcher at the Centre for Disability Law and Policy, National University of Ireland Galway. Her research interests in the field of disability law include assisted and supported decision making, rights-enforcement mechanisms, and access to justice. At NUI Galway, she has taught across a range of disciplines at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including courses on comparative disability law; social and public policy; judicial activism; and advocacy, activism, and the public interest.
- Author(s)Eilionoir Flynn
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCambridge Disability, Law and Policy Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.