All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Richard Wright to Toni Morrison: Ethics in Modern and Postmodern American Narrative studies the relationship of literature to contemporary ethical problems. Focusing on southern and African American writers, this book employs theoretical approaches from ethnicity studies, regional criticism, and postcolonial theory. It intends to insert a reading of ethics into the critical study of fictional and nfictional narratives by Richard Wright, James Agee, Flannery O'Conr, Ernest J. Gaines, Walker Percy, Richard Ford, Toni Morrison, and other modern and postmodern American writers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jeffrey J. Folks is Professor of Literature at Doshisha University in Japan. His publications include Southern Writers and the Machine: Faulkner to Percy (1993); Remembering James Agee, Second Edition (edited with David Madden, 1997); Southern Writers at Century's End (edited with James A. Perkins, 1997); The World Is Our Home: Society and Culture in Contemporary Southern Writing (edited with Nancy Summers Folks, 2000); and articles in numerous journals.
- Author(s)Jeffrey J. Folks
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleModern American Literature: New Approaches
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight290 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.23Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.