Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionRoyal collections of artworks, books, and manuscripts were transformed into national institutions following the French Revolution in 1789 to serve as visible symbols of the new republic. Scholars, specialists, government officials, and patriots faced vandalism, war, and the Terror to establish great national institutions accessible to the public - the Louvre and the Bibliotheque Nationale - living monuments of French patrimony.
- Author BiographyBette W. Oliver is an independent scholar living in Austin, Texas. She holds a PhD from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Bette W. Oliver
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.