From Seance to Science: A History of the Profession of Psychology in America by Ludy T. Benjamin, David B. Baker (Spiral bound, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended to round out the picture of American psychology's past, adding the history of psychological practice to the story of psychological science. Written by two well-recognised authorities in the field, this book covers the profession and practice of psychology in America from the late nineteenth century to the present. From Seance to Science tells the story of psychologists who sought to apply the kwledge of their science to the practical problems of the world, whether those problems lay in businesses, schools, families, or in the thoughts, emotions, and behaviours of individuals. Engagingly written and full of interesting examples, this book includes figures and photos from the Archives of the History of American Psychology. This is the story of individuals, trained in psychology, who function as school psychologists, counselling psychologists, clinical psychologists, and industrial psychologists. These are psychology's practitioners; they take the kwledge base of psychology and use it for practical purposes outside of the classroom and outside of the laboratory.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Baker is the director of Archives of the History of American Psychology and associate professor of psychology at The University of Akron. He received his Ph.D. from Texas A&M University in 1988. Ludy T. Benjamin Jr. is professor of psychology and presidential professor of teaching excellence at Texas A&M University, and is the holder of the Glasscock Professorship in Teaching Excellence. His numerous publications include From Seance to Science: A History of the Profession of Psychology in America (with David Baker, 2004), A History of Psychology in Letters (second edition 2006, Blackwell), and A Brief History of Modern Psychology (2007, Blackwell). In 2007 he received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Society for the History of Psychology for his research on the history of psychology.
- Author(s)David B. Baker,Ludy T. Benjamin
- PublisherThe University of Akron Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationAkron, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Akron Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight227 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.