All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are two kinds of shame. Legitimate shame is a tool in the hands of a forgiving God; we feel it when we recognize our sin and turn to Him. False shame, on the other hand, is a tool in the hands of the enemy; Satan uses it to convince believers that they are t worthy of God's love and acceptance, and to turn them away from fellowship with Him. In From Shame to Beauty, readers will discover how to arm themselves against false shame and live confidently in the kwledge of God's love. This interactive study, ideal for individuals or small groups, guides readers through a process of healing from false shame that has plagued their lives and relationships. From Shame to Beauty features eight topical studies. Topics include Characteristics of Shame, Cause of Shame, Contagion of Shame, Cure for Shame, and more. Each week's study examines how false shame threatens the lives of believers, digs into Scripture to find out what God's Word has to say about it, offers readers the opportunity to reflect on their own struggle with shame, and suggests practical action steps to help readers apply what they have learned.
- Author BiographyMARIE POWERS has been a diligent student of the Bible since she became a Christian as a young married woman. She has taught courses on shame at a local community college and several churches. She serves as director of premarital counseling and lay counseling at her home church. She and her husband, Jim, live in Mill Creek, Washington, and are the parents of four adult children.
- Author(s)Marie Powers
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleWomen of the Word Bible Study
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byJane Hoyt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.