From So Simple a Beginning: Darwin's Four Great Books by Charles Darwin (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
- AU $67.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNever before have the four great works of Charles Darwin-Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle (1845), The Origin of Species (1859), The Descent of Man (1871), and The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals (1872)-been collected under one cover. Undertaking this challenging endeavor 123 years after Darwin's death, two-time Pulitzer Prize winner Edward O. Wilson has written an introductory essay for the occasion, while providing new, insightful introductions to each of the four volumes and an afterword that examines the fate of evolutionary theory in an era of religious resistance. In addition, Wilson has crafted a creative new index to accompany these four texts, which links the nineteenth-century, Darwinian evolutionary concepts to contemporary biological thought. Beautifully slipcased, and including restored versions of the original illustrations, From So Simple a Beginning turns our attention to the astounding power of the natural creative process and the magnificence of its products.
- Author BiographyNaturalist Charles Darwin (1809-1882) is the father of evolution. His groundbreaking The Origin of Species argued that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors, and proposed the scientific theory that this branching pattern of evolution resulted from a process that he called natural selection. As much as anyone in the modern era, Darwin has changed the course of human thought. Edward O. Wilson is widely recognized as one of the world's preeminent biologists and naturalists. The author of more than twenty books, including The Creation, The Social Conquest of Earth, The Meaning of Human Existence, and Letters to a Young Scientist, Wilson is a professor emeritus at Harvard University. The winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, he lives in Lexington, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Charles Darwin
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note101 illustrations
- Weight2220 g
- Width165 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine81 mm
- Edited byEdward O. Wilson
- Contained items statement4 Hardbacks
- Edition StatementSlipcased ed
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.