From Suns to Life: A Chronological Approach to the History of Life on Earth by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2006)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis review gathers astromers, geologists, biologists, and chemists around a common question: how did life emerge on Earth? The ultimate goal is to probe an even more demanding question: is life universal? This t-so linear account highlights problems, gaps, and controversies. Discussion covers the formation of the solar system; the building of a habitable planet; prebiotic chemistry, biochemistry, and the emergence of life; the early Earth environment, and much more.
- Author BiographyJacques Reisse: Professor of organic chemistry and physical chemistry- Universite Libre de Bruxelles Member of the Royal Academy of Belgium Research activity: stereochemistry, study of intermolecular interactions in liquid phase, nuclear magnetic resonance, cosmochemistry, sonochemistry Antonio Lazcano, Professor at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM) in Mexico City. President of the International Society for the Study of the Origin of Life Research activity: origin and early evolution of life He is the author of The Origin of Life, which has become a bestseller with over 600 thousand copies sold. He is considered the foremost promoter of evolutionary biology and the study of the origins of life in Latin America. He has been member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Molecular Evolution, Nanobiology, Revista Latinoamericana de Microbiologia, and Origins of Life and Evolution of the Biosphere.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight727 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHerve Martin,Jacques Reisse,Muriel Gargaud,Phillipe Claeys,Purificacion Lopez-Garcia,Robert Pascal,Thierry Montmerle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.