All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn the decade since Mary Kay Letourneau s infamous liaison with her sixth-grade student was exposed, the reporting of sexual misconduct cases among teachers has proliferated. The amount of media attention to women teachers in particular has increased because the public is titillated and baffled by such cases of aberrant female sexuality. This is a qualitative case study of two high school English teachers, Hannah and Kim, who each had a sexual relationship with a student. Their cases are examined, along with those of Letourneau and Heather Ingram, two headline-heavy teachers whose backgrounds and patterns of behavior within the relationships are similar to Hannah s and Kim s. Without judging or sympathizing, this book elucidates the process by which these women crossed the ethical and professional line from teacher to lover. Teacher educators concerned about raising issues of gender, sexuality, and embodiment in their classes will find this a thorny but compelling text for generating dialogue about the taboo topic of bodies in education.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Tara Star Johnson holds a doctorate in language education from the University of Georgia. She earned the National Council of Teachers of English Promising Researcher Award in 2007 for Crossing the Line: When Pedagogical Relationships Go Awry , a condensed version of the study represented in this book. She is currently Assistant Professor of English Education at Purdue University.
- Author(s)Tara Star Johnson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight290 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.