All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped country experts on international affairs and the global ecomy have consistently underestimated the speed with which China's ecomy and power would rise relative to Germany, Japan and the USA. They are w similarly underestimating the speed at which India's ecomy will close the ecomic size and power gaps. This book shows, why and how a tri-polar global power structure will emerge from the current confused system variously described as 'multipolar', 'apolar', 'pluripolar', 'West and the rest' and 'unipolar with an oligopolistic fringe'. The Book goes on to draw out the implications and consequences of this evolving global power structure and makes suggestions on the policy options that need to be explored and pursued to increase the possibility of a peaceful transformation.
- Author BiographyArvind Virmani is the executive director of the International Monetary Fund, based in Washington, DC. He is the former director and chief executive for the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER), and is the author of Accelerating Growth and Poverty Reduction, Propelling India from Socialist Stagnation to Global Power, in 2 Volumes, and The Sudoku of India's Growth. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Arvind Virmani
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.