Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- Descriptionas well as Mimamsa and Vedanta with its sub-traditions. Furthermore, there were contributions on the philosophy of the Saiva Siddhanta tradition, on Carvaka and Buddhist philosophy, and on the grammatical philosophy of Bhartrhari. The first part of the book - Studies in Indian Philosophy - contains nine studies on individual topics and concepts in Indian philosophy from various perspectives, viz., historical-philolo-gical, philosophical and comparative. They are inter alia concerned with such fundamental issues as the characteristic signs of the Self, the concept of Vijnapti-matrata in Vasuban-dhu's Yogacara, the tion of unchanging cognition in the writings of the Kashmirian author Ramakantha, the definition of existence according to the late Buddhist philosopher Jnanasrimitra, and the significance of the sadhanacatustaya in Vedanta. In the second part of the book - Studies in the Textual History of Indian Philosophy - two papers contribute to the study of the textual history of Indian philosophy, with a focus on the Patanjala-yogasastra and Candrananda's commentary on the Vaisesikasutra.
- Author(s)Johannes Bronkhorst,Karin Preisendanz
- PublisherMotilal Banarsidass,
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintMotilal Banarsidass,
- Content Notetables
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.