All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
About this product
- DescriptionAnalytical methods of applied mathematics are the subject of this book, which takes the reader from elementary tions of functional analysis to an advanced discussion of systems and control theory. The text begins by reviewing the basics of vector spaces, the theory of which is developed further to include Banach and Hilbert spaces. This provides a strong foundation in functional analysis from which the author can launch a penetrating discussion of duality, distributions, Fourier and Laplace transforms and Hardy spaces. Finally, cutting-edge applications of these techniques to systems and control theory are presented. This text is designed to be useful to working scientists, engineers and students and will appeal to those unfamiliar with the material covered. The author's modern style of exposition provides the motivations of definitions and the ideas underlying proofs without sacrificing mathematical rigour.
- Author BiographyYutaka Yamamoto is a professor at the department of Applied Analysis and Complex Dynamical Systems, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, Japan. He is a recipient of the G. S. Axelby Outstanding Paper Award of the IEEE Control Systems Society, the Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education in Japan, the Distinguished Member Award of the Control Systems Society of the IEEE and various other awards. He has authored or co-authored more than 200 journal or conference papers. He is currently President-elect of the IEEE Control Systems Society and past President of ISCIE Japan. He is a fellow of the IEEE and ISCIE, Japan.
- Author(s)Yutaka Yamamoto
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.