Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook deals with tensors that are treated as vectors. Coverage details such new tensor concepts as the rotation of tensors, the transposer tensor, the eigentensors, and the permutation tensor structure. The book covers an existing gap between the classic theory of tensors and the possibility of solving tensor problems with a computer. A complementary computer package, written in Mathematica, is available through the Internet.
- Author BiographyEnrique Castillo is Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Cantabria in Santander (Spain). He is a Mathematician and a Civil engineer and Member of the Spanish Royal Academy of Engineering. He has taught at several other universities in the Europe and America. The author/coauthor of eleven other books in English and fourteen in Spanish, and more than 300 papers in journals and Congresses. More information can be found at his Web site: http://personales.unican.es/castie//. Juan R. Ruiz-Tolosa is an Industrial and Civil Engineer and has been Professor of Algebra, Tensors, Topology, Differential Geometry and Calculus at the Civil Engineering School, University of Cantabria for 30 years. His field of research includes Number Theory, Euclidean Geometry, Elliptic Integrals, Algebraic Roots of Equations, etc.
- Author(s)Enrique Castillo,Jaun Ramon Ruiz-Tolosa
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/11/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleUniversitext
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight954 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.