All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive history of SABIS[registered], the organisation that is changing the world through education. Can education be run as a profitable business and still be driven by a humanitarian vision? SABIS[registered] shows the answer is yes. Now with 80 schools in 15 countries and over 60,000 students, SABIS[registered] is a global education company committed to improving lives. The book is a journey through time - tracing the company from its humble origins in 1886 Mount Leban, through the civil war to the present day. It's also a journey through geographies, from Kurdistan to Katrina - from the first international schools in war-torn rthern Iraq, to the first charter school to reopen after the hurricane devastated inner city New Orleans. SABIS[registered] goes where other educational providers are unwilling to tread, helping to rebuild lives shattered by war and natural disaster. It's finally a journey through the minds of committed educators, watching as they grapple with the fundamental question of how we educate young people in the virtues that have stood the test of time, whilst still enabling them to be prepared for a future of unkwn possibilities.
- Author BiographyJames Tooley is a professor of education policy at Newcastle university, where he directs the E. G. West Centre. He is currently chairman of education companies in Ghana and China creating embryonic chains of low cost private schools. He is the author of numerous books on education including The Beautiful Tree: A personal journey into how the world's poorest people are educating themselves, and Educational Equality which he co-authored.
- Author(s)James Tooley
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.