All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Vulnerability to Resilience - V2R - is a framework for analysis and action to reduce vulnerability and strengthen the resilience of individuals, households and communities. The framework sets out the key factors that contribute to peoples' vulnerability, namely, exposure to hazards and stresses, fragile livelihoods, future uncertainty and weak governance. It provides detailed explanations of the linkages between those factors, as well as ideas for action to strengthen resilience. The framework was developed to address the need to work in a more integrated way to tackle the causes and consequences of vulnerability. The book is intended to provide guidance to the reader, rather than to dictate a set way of doing things. The material can also be adapted to suit communication to other audiences such as community-based organizations. The issues and principles highlighted in this book are of relevance to a wide audience including practitioners (NGOs and local government staff), researchers, and policy makers working in the fi elds of livelihoods, disaster management and climate change adaptation.
- Author BiographyKatherine Pasteur is the International Programme Coordinator in the Reducing Vulnerability Team at Practical Action. She has 15 years' experience in international development, specializing in sustainable livelihoods, natural resource management and disaster risk reduction, in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
- Author(s)Katherine Pasteur
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication21/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Note5 black & white line drawings, 20 black & white halftones, 16 colour line drawings
- Weight359 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.