All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on how the far right's views of Islam have been increasingly co-opted by both liberal and conservative parties and woven into the policies of Western governments over the past two decades. The unprecedented influence of xephobic and Islamophobic parties, whether in coalition with governments or recipients of the popular vote, reflects a major realignment of forces and a danger to the Western core values of human rights and equality. From the Far Right to the Mainstream explores how Islamophobia has moved to the mainstream of Western policymaking, and the role that the media has played.
- Author BiographyHumayun Ansari is professor of Islam and cultural diversity; director of the Centre for Minority Studies at Royal Holloway, University of London; and the author of three other books on cultural diversity and Muslims in the West. Farid Hafez lectures in the Department of Oriental Studies at the University of Vienna and the Muslim Teachers Training College in Vienna and is the author of three books on Islamophobia.
- PublisherCampus Verlag
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintCampus Verlag
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byFarid Hafez,Humayun Ansari
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.